This series of posts is aimed mostly at those dipping their feet into the waters of Anthem for the first time. If that’s you – welcome! If that’s not you… well, also welcome! But more in-depth content to come once we get our hands on the game. 🙂
Play Style: In Anthem, the Interceptor is your super agile, super nimble rogue or ninja type. With it, you can rapidly move about the play field cutting ribbons out of your enemies dual-wielding dual-bladed daggers. If you like zipping around at top speed and getting up close and personal, the Interceptor is for you.
Movement/Dodge: The Interceptor can triple jump/dash, controlling the direction of each movement independently.
Special: When your shield is damaged, using your triple jump/dash will recharge your shield faster.
Combo Effect: Upon detonating a primed enemy, the Interceptor gains an aura matching the status used to prime the enemy. For example, should you detonate a combo on a frozen enemy–you will gain an aura that spreads the frost effect to nearby enemies.
Weapons CAN Equip: Heavy Pistols, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Marksman Rifles, Machine Pistols, Light Machine Guns, Sniper Rifles.
Weapons CANNOT Equip: Autocannons, Grenade Launchers
Melee Attack: Spin to win with your dual-bladed daggers. Each attack chains into the next and you can continue the chain indefinitely. Unlike every other javelin, it won’t be uncommon to use your melee attack more than your guns.
- Seeker Glaive: Throw a seeking projectile that will hit the nearest target.
- Cryo Glaive: Similar to the Seeker Glaive but also applies the Frost status.
- Acid Bomb: Throw a short range projectile that splashes all enemies in the proximity of the landing point with acid.
- Cluster Mine: Throws out a cluster of mines in a very tight area, explode after a short delay on contact with an enemy.
- Spark Dash: Dash forward in the targeted direction, dealing damage on impact with an enemy and leaving behind a trail of electricity.
- Star Strike: Infuse an enemy with energy which explodes after a delay. Can deal increased damage if you kill the enemy before the delay is up.
- Plasma Star: One of the Interceptors few longer-range abilities, allows the Interceptor to throw a plasma charged shuriken.
- Wraith Strike1: Shoot forth a projection of your Interceptor which attacks enemies it comes in contact with.
- Tempest Strike: A single-target attack capable of applying a stun to lesser enemies.
- Corrosive Spray: Shoot a jet of acid that damages every enemy hit.
- Target Beacon: Mark an enemy, which then receives increased damage from all sources. If the marked target dies before the duration of Target Beacon expires, it will jump to another nearby enemy.
- Rally Cry: Remove negative status effects from nearby allies.
Ultimate Ability: Assassin’s Blades
Put down your weapons and super-charge your dual-bladed daggers, becoming a whirling dervish of melee-flavoured death.
The interceptor cannot fly while under the affects of Assassin’s Blades, but can continue to use the triple-dash ability, plus the melee attacks themselves will provide a small rush movement when needed.
As with all ultimate abilities in Anthem–heal yourself to full upon activation and become invulnerable for the duration.