Below are the questions to consider in your Act 1 To the Moon play-along post (to publish from Friday 5th June). Highly recommend you don’t look at the questions until after you’ve finished Act 1 (and the tiny bit of unskippable Act 2 until it gives you the option to save again) as they may contain spoilers.
I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks!
Act 1 Questions:
- Let’s start off with the big guns — at the completion of Act 1 — how do you now feel about the very concept of granting someone’s dying wish by overwriting their memories with new ones?
- What did you think of River’s choice to put her treatment behind that of Anya?
- In response to Neil commenting that it was like watching a train-wreck unfold, Eva says, “The ending isn’t any more important than the moments leading up to it.” Do you agree?
- What did you make of Johnny’s decision not to read the book offered by Dr. Lee?
- How do you feel about Johnny as a person now, particularly after his revelation of why he (at least initially?) was interested in River?
- We saw River’s obsession with origami rabbits very early in the piece — and some of the events that tracked back as a possible origin along the way. After Johnny told her about his initial motivations is when it all kicked off. Neil thought it might’ve been River holding onto a grudge. What do you think?